WHO WE ARE
Ygieia was an ancient Greek goddess, daughter of Asclepius, and Ipioni, she was the deity of all pure things. However, while Asclepius is directly associated with the treatment of diseases, the goddess was associated with disease prevention and the maintenance of the state of health of body and mind. According to mythology, her sisters were Panacea, Iasso, Akeus (Asklipiades) and Aegli.
In 2007 by our desire to make food without chemical and artificial ingredients, respecting wise tradition and make them the way in every house would do, we began to produce traditional and functional foods that have something to offer to all and help promote the good health of our body. Fed up of food with countless additives, we wanted to give everyone again what they own. That is food of good quality, made out of our past knowledge for the nutritional future of all of us.
Thus, the name of our company has emerged to remind us constantly of what to do and to obey our original goal and what Ygieia expresses (the deity of all pure things).
Our products are made in our privately-owned facilities of 700 sq.m. in Drymos Thessaloniki using only local Greek milk, packaging materials from small local companies like us.
For the production of our products we apply HACCP and ISO quality control systems and production capacity reaches up to 2000 pieces / hour.
PURPOSE OBJECTIVES PHILOSOPHY
YGIEIA KEFIR produces functional food in Drymos of Thessaloniki since 2006 and is an example of quality and innovation.
We create first new products beneficial to everyone that are an example to be imitated.
We thank you all, and we commit ourselves that we will always produce high quality without preservatives, without artificial additives and small letters, with real kefir grains and with the best materials, functional foods that offer to everyone and improve function of the organism
WHERE ARE WE
Drymos is a small town belonging to the municipality of Oreokastro and formerly in the Municipality of Mygdonia (Mygdonia means “waterland” and “fertile land”) and is located in the prefecture of Thessaloniki. The municipality included the Communities: Liti (headquarters), Drymos Melissochori. It has a total area of 99.031 acres, a population of 3.191 inhabitants (inventory 2001) and an altitude of 200 meters.
From the ancient findings of the area, archaeologists believe that the occupation in this area began in the Mesolithic Age (9,000 BC-7,000 BC). The first inhabitants of the area were the Pelasgians. Later, Mygdons appeared from Thrace. According to mythology, their name was taken from Mygdonas, the son of the god Mars and king of Phrygia.
In the place of the present village, and according to ancient inscriptions, there was the city of Charakoma (190 BC-79 BC), near the settlement of the ancient city “Liti” (from Leto, mother of god Apollo ). During the Ottoman domination, the village was inhabited only by Christians and paid a tax to the Ottomans, in 1862 had 199 houses. After the end of the Balkan Wars, the village was incorporated into the Greek state and in 1918 it was designated as the Community. In a 1314 documentary (found in the Monastery of Chilandari-Mount Athos), the village is referred to as Drimyglava. The name “Drymos” was given to the settlement in 1918 and is due to many trees and water.